Hearts of Iron IV joins La Resistance in February
Latest expansion available in February
News by Darren Cartledge
Published 23rd January 2020
The latest expansion for Paradox Interactive's WWII strategy Hearts of Iron IV is set to arrive next month and will allow players to build a spy network. La Résistance as you might expect focuses of espionage and tasks you with becoming a spymaster as you look to expose collaborators, assist resistance movements and decrypt enemy communications in order to gain battlefield advantages.
Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance will release on stream on 25th February 2020. Key features of the new expansion have been outlined by Paradox Interactive as:
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
- More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain, including an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
- Portuguese National Focuses: New unique focus tree for Portugal. Restore Portuguese naval power, strengthen the overseas empire or intervene in the Civil War next door.
- Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialise in certain types of information warfare and send them on special operations, or develop passive resistance to enemy espionage.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas while armoured cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance has been priced at £19.99 and is available to pre-purchase on Steam. More on Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance >>
Go to comments (0)